Great Books to Read
(We have read all of these books and many more)
Books on Canine Behavior
1. Canine Behavior, A Photo Illustrationed Handbook, by Barbara Handelman, M.Ed,CDBC
2. Dog Language, An Enclyclopedia of Canine Behavior, by Roger Abrantes
3. The ABCs of Dog Language, Learn how dogs communicate, by Anders Hallgren
1. The Dogs Mind, Bruce Fogle DVM, MRCVs
2. The Wild Canids, Their Systematics, Behavioral Ecology and Evoluntion,
by Micheal W. Fox, D.Sc.,Ph,D, BVetMed
3. Animals in Translation, by Temple Grandin, Ph.D, Behaviorist & Catherine Johnson
4. Animals Make Us Human, creating the best life for animals., by Temple Grandin, Ph.D.
Nutrition Books for Dogs
1. Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats, by Kymythy Schultze, C.C.N.,A.H.I
2. Give Your Dog Bone, Dr.Ian Billinghurst, B.V.Sc.(Hons),B.Sc.Agr.,Dip.Ed..
3. Work Wonders, Feed Your Dog Raw, Meaty Bones, Tom Longdale,
Royal Veterinary College, University of London in 1972
4. Peak Performance, Coaching the Canine Athlete, M. Christine Zink, PhD
5. Performance Dog, Nutrition, Optimize Performance with Nutrition,
by, Dr.Jocelynn Jacobs, DVM
6. The Wolf's Natural Diet, A Feeding Guide for Your Dog?, Mogens Eliasen, DVM
7. Real Food, for healthy dogs and cats, by Dr. Karen Shaw Becker, DVM, NMD
Puppy Training Books
1. Before and after getting your Puppy, Dr. Ian Dunbar
2. Puppy Development, another piece of the puzzle., Pat Hasting and Erin Ann Rouse
General Training Books
1. On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals, Turid Rugaas
2. Don't Shoot the Dog!, Karen Prior
3. Be The Pack Leader, Cesar Millan
4. Feeling Outnumbered, How to manage and Enjoy your Multi-Dog Household.,
Karen B. London, Ph.D. and Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
5. Off-Leash Dog Play, A complete guide to safety and fun.,Robin Bennett, CPDT &
Susan Briggs, CKO
6. The Culture Clash, A revolutionary way of understanding the relationship
between humans and domestic dogs., Jean Donaldson
7. Leader of the Pack, and The other end of the Leash, by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
8. Clicker Traing for Dogs, by Karen Prior, Multi animal trainer and behaviorist
9. How dogs Learn, by Mary R. Burch, Ph.D. & Jon S. Bailey, Ph.D.
10. Control Unleashed, Creating a focused and confident Dog,
by Leslie McDevitt, MLA,CDBC,CPBC
11. How to Behave so Your Dog Behaves.,by Sophia Yin, D.V.M.